Keep up to date with all the news happening in the school at the moment. Articles are added during the week.
Please CLICK HERE for guidance on infections and when to keep your child at home or send them into school. We currently have no confirmed cases of Strep A, we do have some Scarlett Fever and Hand, foot and mouth. If you are concerned about anything, please do not hesitate to contact the school office.
We were truly amazed and overwhelmed by your support. Thank you so much Caslon, this will help so many.
There are a range of resources online to help support talking to children at home.
- How to talk to pupils: https://key.sc/3vFsVzU
- Parent information and support pack: http://key.sc/3IKqZtw
- How to talk to your teenager about the invasion of Ukraine (BBC Bitesize/Anna Freud Centre) https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zbrdjsg
- How To Talk To Your Child About The War In Ukraine (YoungMinds) https://www.youngminds.org.uk/parent/blog/top-tips-for-talking-to-your-young-person-about-the-events-in-ukraine/
- Worrying about Russia and Ukraine (Childline) https://www.childline.org.uk/get-involved/articles/worrying-about-russia-ukraine/
- Worrying about war and conflict Sarah Dove (Phoenix Education Consultancy https://www.phoenixgrouphq.com/tools
World Book Day
The children and staff had a fantastic World Book Day yesterday – but we don’t want it to stop there!
We are keen to keep the love of reading going at Caslon… starting with a COMPETITION for next week.
We challenge your child to find the most unusual place to read a book – inside or outside. Take a photo and send it to your teacher on class dojo before Friday. We will then choose a winner from each class for a prize.
So, come on Caslon – let’s get reading! 📖