Latest news at Caslon
We at Caslon Primary Community School are aware that keeping our children hydrated will aid them to perform at their very best throughout the school day.
Over the past 9 years Mr Horan has worked with AquaAid and our unique relationship with them has given our school the opportunity to help those less fortunate than ourselves. This means that for each machine that we have, we have donated £20 per year per cooler to the Africa Trust.
Through our contributions to the Africa Trust, an ‘Elephant Pump’ will been installed in Africa on our behalf. This pump will bring much needed, clean, fresh drinking water and improve the quality of life of those who will have access to our well.
A big thanks for everyone coming in their Pudsey outfits today, you all looked amazing.
Year 6 were amazing on the Remembrance Walk on Monday the 11th November, they read beautifully and lay crosses in remembrance of loved ones.
Christmas is fast approaching now and the lights being switched on are as follows:
- Saturday 16th November – Halesowen Christmas Lights Switch on 9:30 – 5:30pm
- Saturday 23rd November – Dudley Christmas Lights Switch on 12pm – 5pm
- Friday 29th November – Brierley Hill Christmas Lights Switch on 3pm – 6pm
- Saturday 30th November – Stourbridge Christmas Lights Switch on 9am – 5pm
- We are a no smoking site, and this includes any electronic form of cigarettes.
- Can I remind parents that whilst children are on school site before the morning bell and after the end of the day, they are parents’ responsibility and should always be in sight of a parent and not on the school field.
- No riding of bikes or scooters whilst on school site.
- If your child is booked into after School club, this closes at 5:30pm. If for any reasons you need to contact them, please do so on the following number: 01384 – 818878.
- Children who are not collected by 5:30pm a fine will be issued.
- All sessions or after school club, breakfast club, day-care and nursery should all be pre-booked and paid for via school buddy, if you are needing an account to be set up, please contact the school office.
- If your child is being collected by another adult, please can you contact the school office to inform us.
- Attendance – is vital to a child’s education and please parents can we ask you contact the office on the first day of your child’s absence and if they need to go to the doctors, medical evidence must be provided to ensure a child’s absence is recorded.
- Reading Buddies – Thank you to the parents who have
volunteered already. If there are any more parents that would like to hear our
children read and are willing to have a DBS completed. Please contact Mrs
Holden-Gough and we will be happy to organise the appropriate paperwork.